Even though you may hate the thought of cleaning up the carpet after a spill of red wine, there are some health benefits to be gained by drinking it. In fact, many people like to drink it anyway, whether it has health benefits or not. If you are worried about your carpet, says Brilliance carpet cleaning you should simply learn the best way to do it and keep cloths on hand so that it is quick and easy to do.
In fact, soaking up and stain immediately with paper towels is a good start, but if the stain doesn’t come out you can always get the professional cleaners in. Meanwhile, stop worrying about it and enjoy your relaxing meal with that nice wine.
Here are the health benefit of red wine.
- Wine is a great relaxant for those who are stressed or even too tired to sleep. When you are really tired, it is sometimes difficult to fall asleep because your brain seems to be going around at a fast pace even after going to bed. A glass of red will help you to relax and get a good night’s sleep. Once you are well rested, you’ll feel great the next day.
- Red wine is made from the skins of grapes, as well as the flesh. The skin is where the colour comes from and it contains very good anti-oxidants called resveratrol and flavonoids that are good for your heart and help to decrease the ‘bad’ cholesterol and increase the ‘good’ cholesterol in your body. And as we all know, bad cholesterol sticks to the arteries and interferes with the blood flow, which can cause heart problems.
- Red wine contains polyphenols, another substance that reduces clotting and keeps the blood vessels flexible.
- Researchers now suspect that resveratrol lowers systolic blood pressure – that’s the top reading when you take your blood pressure. It is frequently the reading that soars when people have high blood pressure.
- It also helps to stimulate the secretion of insulin and regulates glucose levels, so may be of benefit to pre-diabetics.
- Resveratrol hampers the formation of the beta-amyloid protein. This is a substance that is found in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- The antioxidants found in red wine help to prevent infection in the body, including the common cold. They also protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals that often play a part in causing cancer and other major diseases.
That’s not to say a person who drinks red wine will be healthier than one who doesn’t, because you can get resveratrol and antioxidants from fruit and vegetables, seeds and grains. It is also important to be moderate in your drinking habits, otherwise many of the health benefits will be lost.