Many businesses such as a digital marketing agency and SEO companies and others decide to follow sustainability guidelines because they have done their research and found that not only will it help the earth’s resources to last longer, it also impacts their bottom line in a positive way. Perhaps even more importantly, when done for the right reasons it gives the company a good reputation.
Here are some of the reasons for going green in your business –
- You can receive certain government grants and assistance.
- Your company will spend less on things such as water, power and raw materials.
- You and your company will receive positive recognition through various, numerous environmental awards.
- It is possible to find new markets for services or goods that are ‘green’.
- Because you’ve reduced wastage and the use of hazardous chemicals your workplace will be safer and costs will be lower.
- Employees will be happy to work for you because they know of the increased workplace safety.
- A positive impression in the minds of both employees and customers will be created when they know what your stand is on environmental issues.
There are many incentives and tools to help in the quest to become more environmentally caring. However, implementing some practices is just a matter of common sense in a lot of cases. For instance, cutting back on the use of paper by saving documents in digital form and only printing them out when you need them to be on paper will save storage, waste costs and time, since it is usually easier and quicker to find digital files.
Other easy ways to save on costs and to be environmentally friendly are: –
- Adding potted plants or having a small garden to the office to improve air quality
- Using LED lighting or compact fluorescent lights