Since it has a tropical climate, hot, wet weather can be expected in Bali. Often, the humidity is at 80-90%, which makes it a bit sticky for some people. Luckily, there are ways to take a break from the humidity in Bali, so you can enjoy your holiday more. Here are some of them.
- Book your holiday for the winter months. Bali doesn’t have a winter as such, but during our winter, their season is not as hot and so not as humid.
- Rest under the fan in one of the beautiful Bali villas during the hottest part of the day, or spend an hour or two where there is air-conditioning.
- Visit the highlands. Even if you just go for a day tour during your holiday it will give you a break from that sticky heat. Staying overnight will enable you to enjoy a good night’s sleep as the temperature goes down considerably then.
- Avoid Christmas holidays in Bali. Not only is it lots more expensive, it’s hotter and more humid. The ideal months are May June and September, with April and October still being okay weatherwise. In these months the weather is kinder and so are the prices. July is school holiday time and very expensive.
- Visit the big water theme park for a day or two. Playing in water is one of the best ways to cool off and it takes two days to look at everything at Waterbom Theme Park where they have the longest water slides in the world.
- Wear cotton clothing; anything with polyester or man-made fabric is going to make you feel hotter, because it doesn’t breathe like cotton. But the cotton needs to have an open weave. Leave linen at home too, as it is hot and wrinkles easily.
- Stay hydrated. Hot weather makes you sweat and it is easy to become dehydrated when you are busy doing interesting stuff. Keep a water bottle with you at all times to drink from. Don’t refill it from a doubtful source. Some cafes will refill it for you for free.
- Check out the weather forecast before you leave and plan your days according to the temperature – then hope that they are accurate. Do high energy things on the slightly cooler days, if there are any.
- If you start to feel too hot, stop what you are doing and tip some water over your head. Or you could buy some ice to place on the back of your neck. But don’t eat the ice as it could cause Bali belly.
With these few hints to guide you, your holiday in Bali should be more successful and you should be able to avoid feeling uncomfortably hot.